This period 3 of the complete operates programme will go over a 139km stretch of the line from South Wigston – Sheffield and is a continuation of the done London to Corby electrification.
It will contain providing functions for the overhead line machines extension to Sheffield and Nottingham, route clearance to accommodate OLE extension, and amplified energy supply to aid electrical passenger expert services to Sheffield and Nottingham.
Section of the electrification programme has already been procured with contractor SPL offering electrification amongst Kettering and South Wigston.
Rail infrastructure chiefs system to established out the most recent thinking for the challenge ahead of inviting tenders for performs at the close of this year.
Community Rail will also be canvassing for ideas on the most successful delivery system to keep away from charge overruns that dogged prior electrification jobs.
The subsequent stage of procurement for the Midland Major Line Electrification programme is split into seven routes and consists of about 67 constructions.
• Route Section 2 (RS2) – Wigston South to Syston 19.5km
• Route Part 3 (RS3) – Syston to Trent Junction 28.7km
• Route Area 4 (RS4) – Sheet Stores Junction to Chaddesden Sidings (Derby) 15.7km
• Route Segment 5 (RS5) – Trent Junction to Nottingham 13.1km
• Route Section 6 (RS6) – Chaddesden Sidings (Derby) to Toadmoor Tunnel 16.7km
• Route Section 7 (RS7) – Toadmoor Tunnel to London Street 43.3km
• Route Area 8 (RS8) – London Street to Sheffield North 2.5km
Network Rail holding a Midland Primary Line electrification market place engagement briefing function at Satisfaction Park Stadium, Derby and online as an MS Groups reside occasion on 15th June 2022 at 10:00 and 13:00.
Corporations can sign up an interest by way of the Eventbrite link by the 10th June, 5pm.
Source website link