Syracuse, N.Y. — A firefighter experienced small accidents Saturday night after a segment of roof from a burning apartment making collapsed on him, a deputy main claimed at the scene.
At about 6 p.m., numerous 911 calls were manufactured reporting heavy smoke and flames coming from the roof of a making in the Remington Yard Apartments sophisticated, Syracuse Fireplace Section Deputy Chief James Farewell said.
All residents in the apartment constructing evacuated prior to firefighters arrived and no accidents had been claimed to residents, Farewell explained.
Firefighters arrived to come across weighty smoke coming from the roof and flames inside of an apartment on the major floor, Farewell claimed.
About 40 firefighters were named to the scene and it took about 20 minutes to set the fire out, he stated.
Just one human being was seen remaining loaded into an American Medical Reaction (AMR) ambulance on a stretcher.
The wounded firefighter, who was not identified, was taken to a community healthcare facility to be evaluated, in accordance to Farewell.
The condominium where hearth crews observed flames in unlivable at this time, Farewell claimed.
Volunteers from the Central & Northern New York Chapter of the American Crimson Cross delivered quick support to four adults and two children, ages 1 and 7, who ended up displaced from their dwelling just after the fireplace.
Syracuse police and Countrywide Grid also responded to the scene.
The cause of the fireplace is still getting investigated, Farewell stated.
Team writer James McClendon handles breaking news, crime and general public basic safety. Have a suggestion, a tale concept, a query or a comment? Achieve him at 914-204-2815 or [email protected].